Six figure salary + benefits
4 months ago
Group Managing Director – precision component manufacture
Six figure salary + benefits - Birmingham
An experienced Group Managing Director is required for an established manufacturing business who have an excellent reputation for the manufacture of high precision products used across a range of industrial sectors. With a proud manufacturing heritage, they are a key supplier to many successful and recognised brands. To be considered for this Group Managing Director position you must have a demonstrable track record of achievement that has delivered business excellence and growth. In particular, you must have a strong background in business development an entrepreneurial nature with the confidence and ability to penetrate new markets.
To complement your strong leadership, manufacturing and business acumen you will have a driven and dynamic personality with a real eye for detail and a passion for operational excellence. In addition, you will be commercially aware, an accomplished negotiator and be comfortable dealing face to face with suppliers and customers.
To be considered for this Group Managing Director position you must have:
- Significant experience working in a senior management/leadership position within a manufacturing environment with full P&L responsibility.
- An ability to take an holistic view of business, think strategically, plan for the long term but ensure that short term goals and objectives are being achieved.
- Have a real passion for winning new business, able to quickly understand the technical capability within the company and constantly drive the senior management team to deliver objectives.
- Have a thorough understanding of implementing sustainable lean manufacturing tools and techniques and develop a high-performance culture based on people engagement and ownership.
- Qualifications will ideally be to degree level in manufacturing, engineering, materials or a technical related discipline. A post graduate qualification in management or business is desired but not essential.
- An ability to lead by example, setting high standards with excellent communication and people management skills. A tenacious approach to instilling disciplines that will deliver operational excellence and achievement of exacting Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
- A broad range of manufacturing industry knowledge with an emphasis on high precision volume piece part component manufacture, in a fast paced JIT environment.
- A dynamic, driven personality not prepared to accept second best with a real passion for people development, manufacturing excellence and exceptional customer service.
This is a high profile Group Managing Director position that offers a great opportunity to join an established business and further develop its reputation and capability across new industrial sectors. If you are up for the challenge, this role will require solid leadership and business management skills together with significant experience of delivering a winning culture that can meet and exceed customer expectations.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.