£Comp + Bens
10 months ago
Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager
£Competitive plus benefits
Automotive - Pressings, Stampings, Tooling.
A Health, Safety and Environmental Manager is required to prepare strategies and develop and implement appropriate policy across the business. Candidates with experience working in a Health and Safety role with a good understanding of automotive manufacturing would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a leader in pressings, stampings and tooling within the automotive sector based in Milton Keynes, requires a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. As the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager you will be required to:
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify all relevant hazards and accurately assess risk
- Plan practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices
- Carry out regular HSE audits to check policies and procedures are being properly followed
- Lead in-house training with Managers and employees about Health, Safety and Environmental issues and risks along with arranging external training
- Carry out HSE inductions for new employees
- Conduct risk assessments and advise on risk reduction including improvements to PPE
- Investigate incidents and accidents, maintain records and produce statistics for managers with recommendations for improvement to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure all external contractors work to safe procedures and are supervised whilst on site
- Ensure that in all cases method statements and risk assessments are provided and agreed to prior to commencement of work
The Health, Safety and Environmental Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- A high level of analyses and problem-solving ability to ensure health, safety and environmental issues are managed in a pro-active and effective manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate the capabilities to manage two sites and maintain the integrity of the current Health and Safety systems whilst looking at opportunities to develop and expand the systems whilst integrating all employees into ambassadors for Health and Safety.
- Health, Safety and Environmental awareness demonstrating the ability to identify effective strategies for effective management of area of responsibility.
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a recognisable Health, Safety and Environmental subject
- Level 5/6 diploma (or working towards) in Health and Safety is desirable
- Experience in a manufacturing/heavy engineering environment
- Member of IOSH/IIRSM
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.