GRADUATE QUALITY ENGINEER
£19,000 - £21,000/year
Training and Career Development, Pension and Healthcare
Due to continued success and growth we are looking to recruit an aspiring Graduate Quality Engineer to join our industry leading client at their Lye, Dudley site.
Our client are a market leading provider of components used in Warehouse Automation and Automated Logistics systems used globally. This is an extremely lucrative industry which is growing as fast as any other engineering or manufacturing industry in 2018 and is at the forefront of the future of manufacturing in this country.
As part of the team, the successful candidate will be trained to provide a quality and new product development service to the technical sales, purchasing and production departments.
Role and Responsibilities
The inspection and approval of prototype components, pre-production samples and goods inward of outsourced components.
Documenting and reporting of all inspection findings in accordance with company systems.
Ensure goods inward inspection is no longer than 10 working days in accordance with the quarantined goods inwards inspection procedure.
Preparation and issue of component/assembly drawings and bills of materials.
Assist with New Product Development including the preparation of drawings and the testing and record keeping of prototype samples, ensuring that a comprehensive folder of data is maintained and updated for technical reference.
Maintenance and use of company test rigs for the ongoing testing of new developments and existing products.
Quality Control Manual responsibilities and procedures (to BS EN ISO 9001:2000).
- Time served Mechanical Apprenticeship. Ideally with some basic electrical knowledge.
- Experience in Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Experience with Mechanical presses.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Good communication skills.
- Good Health and Safety awareness.
- Experience with basic machining, welding and fabrication.
- Full driving license and own car
- Salary £ 19K to £ 21K depending on experience
- Health care scheme
- Training and career development on the job and within the wider company
- Competitive annual leave allowance (growing with service)
- Friendly and well-motivated working environment
- Core hours are 07.30am to 16.00pm Monday to Friday.
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring graduate quality engineer to join a company where most staff join and stay for long, prosperous and happy careers. Work ethic here is very good, but done so without high KPIs or unreasonable expectations from management. You will be trained and mentored by your own diretc manager to gradually increase your skill set and experience base where your salary and career options will only continue to grow.
If you feel that the above is of interest to you and you fit the requirements outlined then we would like to hear from you.
Please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves for more details on 01384 446121.