£19000.00 - £21000.00 per annum + 5 year Career development plan
over 1 year ago
Junior Quality Technical Engineer (entry level)
Location: Lye, Stourbridge
Industry/Sector: Material Handling/Conveyors
Salary: Circa £20,000 - £21,000 per annum starting salary
We are looking to welcome an aspiring Quality Technical Engineer to our team within a leading manufacturer of turnkey solutions for some of the most globally advanced companies across a number of different continents. With over 50 years of engineering development for system integrators, engineering companies & OEMs.
We are looking for an aspiring engineer who will be (at first) trained to provide technical support to the Sales, Purchasing and Production departments while learning everything about the business "from the ground up".
You will also be trained to identify opportunities, develop proposals and implement solutions that deliver tangible improvements to operations and the facilities department. You will ensure all work adheres to Health & Safety guidelines, policies, legislation and requirements.
This is a rare opportunity for an apprenticeship level aspiring engineer to join a exceptionally well-run and family-orientated manufacturing business at the start of their next stage of growth and modernisation. Here, we can offer a 5 year plan where you can develop from undergoing basic training and learning all about the company through to holding a management or specialist engineering position in a matter of years.
As a Quality Technical Engineer, you will be trained to:
- Inspect and approve prototype components, pre-production samples and goods inward of outsourced components.
- Documenting and reporting of all inspection findings in accordance with company systems.
- The preparation and issue of component/assembly drawings and bills of materials.
- New product development including the preparation of drawings and the testing and record keeping of prototype samples, ensuring that a comprehensive folder of data is maintained and updated for technical reference.
- The maintenance and use of company test rigs for the ongoing testing of new developments and existing products.
- Responsibilities as listed in Quality Control Manual and procedures to BS EN ISO 9001:2000.
- Any other duties as instructed by Management.
The entry-level Quality Technical Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Previous engineering training or experience (ideally from a completed Apprenticeship or similar).
- Computer literacy.
- Good communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for engineering and the goal of developing a career within a growing company going through an exciting stage of modernisation.
- A willingness to learn and a strong work ethic who plays well within a family / team environment
This is an excellent company to work for if you are looking to build a career for yourself in fast-growing yet supportive business with strong core values. If you have any questions about the entry level Quality Technical Engineer role, please 'apply now' or contact Colin Reeves at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446121.