Graduate Technical Engineer
Location: Lye, Stourbridge
Industry/Sector: Material Handling/Conveyors
Salary: Circa £20,000 - £21,000 per annum starting salary
We are looking to welcome an aspiring Graduate Technical Engineer to our team within a leading manufacturer of turnkey solutions for some of the most demanding and successful companies across Europe. With 50 years of engineering development for system integrators, engineering companies & OEMs.
We are looking for an aspiring engineer who will provide technical support to the Sales, Purchasing and Production departments. As well as providing support you will identify opportunities, develop proposals and implement solutions that deliver tangible improvements to operations and the facilities department. You will ensure all work adheres to Health & Safety guidelines, policies, legislation and requirements.
As a Graduate Technical Engineer, you will be trained to:
- Inspect and approve prototype components, pre-production samples and goods inward of outsourced components.
- Documenting and reporting of all inspection findings in accordance with company systems.
- The preparation and issue of component/assembly drawings and bills of materials.
- New product development including the preparation of drawings and the testing and record keeping of prototype samples, ensuring that a comprehensive folder of data is maintained and updated for technical reference.
- The maintenance and use of company test rigs for the ongoing testing of new developments and existing products.
- Responsibilities as listed in Quality Control Manual and procedures to BS EN ISO 9001:2000.
- Any other duties as instructed by Management.
The Graduate Technical Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Good communication skills.
- Good Health and Safety awareness.
- Enthusiasm for engineering and wanting to progress further within that field of expertise
This is an excellent company to work for if you are looking to build a career for yourself in fast-growing yet supportive business with strong core values. If you have any questions about the Graduate Technical Engineer role, please 'apply now' or contact Colin Reeves at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446121.