£26k - 30k per year
8 months ago
Graduate Project Software Engineer
30 Month Fixed Term Contract (Knowledge Transfer Partnership)
A Graduate Project Software Engineer is required to join an R & D knowledge transfer partnership (KTP) between a specialist coatings manufacturer based in Stafford and the university of Warwick.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a collaborative industrial project and must work effectively in a multi-0disciplinary team, including factory personnel and senior management teams. Interest in advanced technologies, engineering innovation and a scientific approach would be highly sought after.
As a Graduate Project Software Engineer some of your responsibilities may include:
- Define a detailed vision for a digital factory; planning objectives and milestones for the project.
- Analysis of data from the existing system to understand factors critical to the customers requirements.
- Technical input into installation of sensors and the monitoring of complex equipment and machinery.
- Install and calibrate a vision system to detect defects and monitor performance.
- Decided the best way to present data to a variety of end users.
- Develop a GUI to access databases for real time monitoring and querying of historical data.
The Graduate Project Software Engineer should have the following skills/experience:
- Hold a degree of 2.1 or above in an engineering, science or maths related subject – with key modules focussing on software development.
- Some experience, whether professional or an internship of applying software in industrial applications.
- Knowledge of database systems such as MySQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with varying levels of management and factory staff.
- Some travel is required so a driving licence and own transport will be required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or software engineer to develop your career and work in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience the company will offer you:
- Salary up to £30,000
- Personal training and development budget.
- Mid-term salary review dependant on performance.
Interviews for the Graduate Project Software Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible.
If interested in this role then please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.