Graduate Product Manager
Closing Date: Thursday 01 August 2019
Amphenol Ltd is part of the $8 billion p.a. Amphenol Corporation - a market leading, global, interconnect specialist. Amphenol is one of the world's most innovative and advanced interconnect technology manufacturers. More than 70,000 "Amphenolians" connect our world throughout the 100+ Amphenol businesses across the globe. Each of our businesses embraces Amphenol's entrepreneurial culture in driving leading performance through personal accountability - and our people are our most important asset. For anyone interested in a position to chart their own success, Amphenol provides the ideal work environment.
This highly successful site employs c250 people and specialises in the design and manufacture of a diverse range of connectors and interconnect products for a highly demanding customer base in the Aerospace and Military sectors.
Poised for further growth, and investment, we are now seeking to recruit a Graduate Product Manager who will help deliver unrivalled levels of excellence. We are recruiting for four Product Managers which will include Graduate Product Managers and we envisage the roles to be split as follows: -
- Man worn - interconnect and subsystems
- High Power for ground and aerospace
- EMI Filters and Cable Harnessing
- Core commodity interconnect products
The successful applicant will ideally have graduated from an Engineering, Product Design or Aerospace/Aeronautical/Avionics discipline. You will be trained to be responsible for the development and implementation of product strategies including product direction, Marcoms, pricing, expense budgets, profit plans and future product development to manage your product category's life cycle.
Key Responsibilities once fully trained will include:
- Provides product related services to internal and external customers, such as customer quotations, technical support, product training, cost reduction programs, production support, and product plan
- Assess commercial attractiveness of related New Product Introductions and act as the interface between customers/KAM and Commercial Team
- Ensures that all appropriate routes to market are developed and supported, including distribution networks/partners
- Interfaces with engineers, designers, suppliers and customers to develop product requirements and specifications
- Compile and evaluate research on the market's product requirements i.e. performance, pricing, service levels etc.
- Reviews current product offerings to identify enhancements to current features and functionality
- Assist in the development of marketing programs for relevant products
- Ensure compliance with all Company Policies and that all activity is within Budget
- Perform routine margin reviews in order to assume full responsibility for the achievement of acceptable and maximised margins
- To identify and initiate source change requests so as to ensure products are made in the appropriate location in accordance with strategy and cost competitiveness
Essential Qualities include:
- Ability to understand electronics product technology
- Engineering / Electronics qualification
Desirable Qualities include:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commercial acumen
In return for working for Amphenol Ltd you will have access to a global corporation touching every aspect of modern life. You will find countless opportunities to train and acquire new skills news, ranging from formal training and qualifications, to on the job experience and mentoring. Opportunities for travel to other Amphenol sites around the world along with Customer and Distribution partner facilities. The position also attracts a competitive benefits package including relocation support if applicable.
For more information, please refer to the attached documents.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.