Job Title: Graduate Firmware Engineer
Location: Market Rasen
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 DOE
We are currently recruiting for a graduate firmware engineer to work at our client’s site in Lincolnshire within the R&D department, the role will require the successful candidate to carry out all aspects of firmware engineering solutions for EV charge point production.
Duties to include but not be exclusive to:
- Design and implement firmware for embedded systems and devices from identifying requirements/specifications to production and deployment
- Go through the complete development life cycle to analyse, design, develop, test, implement, support and maintain software/firmware
- Review existing product software and designs as well as integrating and validating new product designs, interfacing with hardware design and development as necessary
- Creating code that is well structured, stable, reliable and easy to maintain
- Write and update firmware documentation, from development to debugging
- Accurately estimate work of self and others including support to bids
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, electrical or electronic engineering, or related subject
- Experience of robust firmware design & development through the entire lifecycle using embedded C for 8, 16 or 32-bit microcontrollers following required coding standards
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, CAN bus etc.)
- Understanding of APIs – Web services (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON)
- Understand the need for secure coding (TLS, crypto..)
- Experience in electronics, electrical metering and renewables energy would be a distinct advantage
- Normal Working Hours will be Mon-Thu 08:00-16:30 and Fri 08:00-15:30, there is also a daily 30 min lunch break.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Rob Johnson on 01384 446 160 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.