Goods Inwards Inspector
A new Goods Inwards Inspector is required for a well established and growing business. Responsible for Quality Control Inspection of materials at Goods Inwards, patrol inspection of components on shop floor and at Sub-Vendors, when required, to final inspection of finished products, prior to despatch. The role will be responsible for the maintenance and good house-keeping of Goods Inwards storage areas, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
The role of Goods Inwards Inspector will include the following:
- Responsible for ensuring Goods Inwards material is adequately inspected against Purchase Order prior to release to Stores/Production, i.e. dimensional, visual, material traceability, certification, etc., within reasonable time restraints
- Responsible for in-process inspection of products, machining, fabrication, testing, assembly, packing and completing inspection Route Cards
- Responsible for ensuring that non-conforming material is identified and quarantined, with supporting NCRs being prepared for issue
- Carrying out inspection at sub-suppliers, as instructed by the Assistant Quality Control Manager, Quality Control Manager or the Quality Assurance & HSE Manager
- Responsible for carrying out off-site inspections, as designated by the Quality Control Manager or Quality Assurance & HSE Manager
- Responsible for carrying out final inspection of products, identifying and issuing final release notes
- Responsible for the maintenance of the stores to a company acceptable level of tidiness, including Health, Safety & Environmental considerations
The suitable candidate for Goods Inwards Inspector will need to possess the following competences:
- IT literate with excellent Microsoft Office skills, i.e. Word, Excel & Access
- Minimum of HND/HNC (or equivalent) in a technical discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering)
- Experience in a similar technical quality role
- Experience of problem solving and continuous improvement techniques
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of quality control and a background in mechanical engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Goods Inwards Inspector role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.