Global Transport Design Specialist
Industry/Sector: Electrical Components
A new Global Transport Design Specialist is required for a leading supplier and distributor of automation and electrical components. The role will look to optimise both the mode of transport and the carrier(s) used across their global network to fulfil customer's needs. The role will have responsibility and influence over optimising transport spend globally. My client is looking for candidates with experience and skills in configuring and managing large data bases and is systematic in their work.
As a Global Transport Design Specialist, you will be required to:
- Optimise the carrier allocation and mode of transport across our global transport network
- Oversee the initial carrier data set up in Control Towers to ensure it accurately reflects carrier cost and capability by movement type, by origin/destination.
- Reconfigure Control Towers where appropriate to use an alternative carrier and/or alternative mode of transport in response to ongoing delivery issues from existing carrier/route.
- Reconfigure the movement of stock to implement the output of Transport Tenders.
- Generate and maintain a global carrier measures pack.
- Work with market-based contract owners to use this data to determine root cause(s) of failures and improve carrier performance.
The Global Transport Design Specialist should have the following skills or experience:
- High levels of literacy and numeracy
- Good interpersonal skills and behaviours
- Financial acumen and commercial awareness.
- CI/Lean Know how
- Experience and skills in configuring and managing large data bases.
- Knowledge and experience of managing large transport contracts
- Knowledge and experience of inbound and outbound processes.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of transport systems and transport networks and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Global Transport Design Specialist role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .