Find out more about some of our Key Clients here or visit our case studies page to see how we support our clients.
Global Trade Compliance Manager - Gloucester
Our client is a global manufacturer and supplier of capital equipment which is used in the manufacturing of batteries supporting a range of power storage applications. Based on their continued growth internationally, they are seeking a NEW Global Trade Compliance Manager reporting to the Managing Director.
This principal role is to take responsibility to redevelop, implement, deliver and manage on a hands-on basis internal trade compliance processes and systems to ensure the Company's best interests are always represented.
Working inside the combined head office and UK manufacturing facility based in Gloucester, the Global Trade Compliance Manager will have complete process ownership as well as working closely with their US Group owners and support their truly international customer base.
Additional key responsibilities will include:
- Hands on approach to assisting and advising other departments on all elements on trade compliance, working closely with purchasing, sales and shipping.
- Manage the import and export compliance process systems alongside relevant departments
- Ensure the company is fully compliant against internal and external audits
- Ensure export and import rules and regulations are fully understood & adhered to
- Advise the company on all matters related to trade compliance
- Deliver internal training on export control rules & regulations as required
- Where appropriate, liaising with existing and future customers accordingly to assist with export and import.
- Maintain and review TBS product portfolio for any goods requiring export licences and work with other departments to ensure these are obtained.
- Provide assistance when needed on contract terms and T&Cs from a trade compliance perspective.
- Mentor and develop internal personnel as well as changing the 'norm' if and when required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of export control rules
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information and present results and advice to a range of stakeholders
- Understand and manage applicable tariff codes, certificates of origin, customer documentation etc...
- Have a hands-on driven approach to your role
- Where possible, have experience within higher value or capital goods industry
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable, but not essential for applicants with relevant experience. Have excellent IT skills.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships across the business and with external contacts. An effective communicator and problem solver, you will demonstrate a high level of professionalism you will be able to deliver coherent high-quality reports and feedback. This is primarily an office-based position working with an existing team and established organisation.
Should you be interested then please apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.