- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Supply chain
- Contact: Ellie Ebbage
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 18 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60246
Global Strategic Buyer (Digital) - 37619
Rate: up to £64.97/hr LTD (c. £49.87/hr PAYE option)
Contract Position based at Gaydon
The digital procurement team has responsibility for creating and managing external commercial relationships that support product offerings in the digital space. It is the key point of interface for major software, services and digital content providers.
Reporting to the Global Commodity Leader, you will have global responsibility for specific categories, commodities or services.
- You will utilise your experience to analyse, define, and implement commercial and sourcing strategies for your designated product areas, including make vs buy vs collaborate decisions
- You will lead the sourcing or collaborative activity through the contracting process, supported by in-market teams providing regional market intelligence and expertise
- You will be responsible for ongoing relationship management, including regular business reviews, ensuring the relationships deliver quality, delivery, cost, innovation and responsiveness requirements, are aligned to programme or platform timing plans, and that the product meets end customer expectations
- You will support and work closely with the in-market teams and engage with specialists within the Global Purchasing function as required to ensure optimum value creation and delivery, as well as leading stakeholder relationships and ensuring the company is appropriately represented both internally and externally.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work independently, results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment
- Capability to create high quality long term purchasing strategies
- Experience in software purchasing
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders to influence cross-functional engagement
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
- Maintaining compliance with standard policies and procedures
- Translating analytical results into detailed, robust actionable recommendations to the business
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- Experience of working in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Understanding of digital technology developmental cycles and trends
- Experience negotiating in a range of market conditions
Degree qualified or equivalent experience
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.