£38.05 - 38.05 per hour
about 2 months ago
Title: Global Strategic Buyer
Contract Position based at: Gaydon / Fen End
Rate: £38.05 p/h Ltd rate (which equals £29.59 p/h PAYE rate)
Reporting to the Regional Purchasing Manager this role will see you have responsibility for:
- Managing the external supply chain from suppliers.
- Supporting the Global Commodity Leaders and Global Strategic Buyers in the development and execution of commodity strategies and the Global sourcing activity through the Global Sourcing Process (GSP).
- All post sourcing and contract management activities for designated commodities and suppliers within your region.
- Developing and executing key performance indicators across the designated regional suppliers, engaging with stakeholders and specialists within the Purchasing Function as required, ensuring supplier performance to meet requirements.
This role is also a pivotal role for interface with other key functions within and acts as a core conduit for true cross functional working across Production Purchasing, MP&L, STA, Product Engineering, Cost Engineering and Manufacturing.
Key Performance Indicators
- Supplier performance management
- New Model Programme
- Cost Achievement (Post SCPA)
- Net Cost Reporting targets and strategic should-cost
- Gap Closure Plan targets (Post SCPA)
- Validation of core activity relating to CCDS
Key skills and experiences:
- Ability to deliver complex supply chain solutions in a fast paced, high pressured manufacturing environment
- Experience of implementing and delivering purchasing strategies with the focus on total value chain delivery
- Able to identify opportunities for creating value in a commodity or commodities
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders to influence cross-functional engagement
- Able to maintain compliance with standard policies and procedures
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
- A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
- An individual with a proven track record in delivering results in both favourable and unfavourable conditions
- Ability to challenge in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- Experience of working in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
Travel between sites is required
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY! Send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.