£23 per hour
about 2 months ago
Title: Global Lead Commodity Buyer - Powertrain Control Modules (53797)
- Lead the development of Commodity Business Plan; lead the Global Commodity Team (GCT) to implement the strategies across regions.
- Responsible for sourcing Powertrain Control Modules for new module programs to deliver value, quality and efficiency.
- Lead global market tests, Multi-Year Agreement negotiation through strategic planning and across cycle plan to deliver the best cost.
- Lead Powertrain Module Cost Workshops. Identify cost efficiencies with Suppliers and Cost Estimating to deliver reduced total cost of ownership to customers.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the industry segment and the competence of suppliers operating in that sector. Create and maintain a world class supply base through benchmarking actions and market data.
- Mitigate supplier risk and supply shortages. Ensure supplier readiness through supporting STA & Plant / PVT teams in PPAP/PSW launch activities.
- Strong leadership skill to lead cross region, cross functional, multi culture teams.
- Demonstrable understanding of current challenges facing the automotive industry and the role of purchasing to support the business
- Knowledge of Purchasing, Supply Chain Management from an automotive environment
- Strong business and commercial acumen and excellent written and verbal abilities
- Excellent numerical and analytical data skills
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office Tools
- An ability to present competently to management and global counterparts
- Strong organizational and project management skills; self-starter
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including relationship building preferred
Degree qualified or equivalent experience required.
**THIS POSITION IS INSIDE IR35**
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.