Global Category Buyer opportunity working with a world class construction equipment manufacturer based in Stafford.
The role is based within Group Purchasing and is responsible for the category input and the commercial execution of a particular category within the UK.
- Delivering the strategic direction as agreed with the GCM of the portfolio and ensuring that the supply base is capable of meeting expectations.
- Acting as Lead Buy, where nominated the role involves overseeing the management of suppliers, working closely with Engineering, Quality and Materials to ensure category objectives are met globally in support of the 5 Yr plan.
- Early Supplier Engagement
- To ensure the agreed criteria are met that leads to a Global Supplier Nomination for components and systems for the designated category area of responsibility.
- Deliver the cost targets and delivery of these throughout the NPI process.
- To be responsible for negotiating Development Agreements and setting up Technology reviews that deliver Innovation in line with the agreed Category Strategy.
- To work within SOP's for NPI and ensure that components in designated category conform to the correct standards.
- Support SDE's, and Quality teams to ensure supplier(s) meet Group and Category PPM targets.
- To negotiate and close out supplier warranty related activities.
- Negotiate with supplier base regarding audit process, gaining agreement to fund audit and follow correct procedures.
- Compiling and delivering an annual budget for the Lead Buy areas, and support the execution of the global elements of the budget.
- Negotiate and agree that appropriate targets and commercial agreements are in place to support Lean Workshops.
- Promote VA/VE activity within the supply base and support the implementation of approved projects.
- Negotiate and agree Long Term Agreements with 'Key' suppliers
- Act on alerts created from the continuous risk assessment process and to ensure Business Continuity plans are in place with appropriate suppliers.
- To provide support to other team member's individual progression.
- To prepare, present and execute a Global Category Strategy
Key skills and experience required:
- Category Management
- Budget Planning and Reporting
- Supplier Contracts
- Project Management
- Advanced Negotiation Techniques
- Inventory Management Understanding
- Management Systems knowledge (ISO, PDCA, TQM, etc)
- Purchasing in a Manufacturing Environment
- Global Sourcing
- New Product Introduction
- Engineering or Design understanding
- Preferably CIPS qualified
- Demonstrable previous savings achievements
In return our client can offer a competitive salary with opportunity of long term career progression and an excellent benefits package.
Interested in the above role?
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.