An Automation Champion is required for an established high volume manufacturer of consumer products.
The company is involved in numerous NPI projects all of which require automated assembly equipment to commercialise the production. This technology is required within the UK and Europe.
The role of Automation Champion includes the following:
- Work closely with NPI teams who are developing new marketable products, advising on the feasibility of automating the assembly process at speeds of circa 80ppm - 120ppm.
- Conceptualise the automation solution required and write the detailed specification.
- Identify suitable system integrators to handle the project/s
- Provide advice on the sequencing, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Plan installation and commissioning ensuring production sites are prepared for machinery installation.
- Consult with integrators to understand the maintenance and servicing requirement for each machine, making sure site based teams build the new maintenance requirements in to the PPM schedule.
- These machines are very high volume assembly, fitting up to 15 parts in to any one assembly. The parts may be push fit, screw fit, ultrasonically welded or adhesively bonded depending on the application. Your extensive involvement at the NPI stage is to help designers create the final products taking in to account your guidance on speed of assembly and automation. For example, ultrasonic welding is perhaps not the quickest process when you are looking to assemble 120ppm on one machine, therefore product designs may require re-engineering.
The suitable candidate for this role of Automation Champion will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Automation Manager, Technical Manager or Lead Design Engineer
- Design experience of special purpose machinery, ideally high speed but not essential
- Knowledge of machine sequencing is useful
- leadership and project management experience.
This is a very exciting opportunity for some one who is passionate about the development of technical automation. There are endless automation projects needed and the role will require overseas travel (approve 40% travel).
To apply, please click on the link or email - Automation recruitment Specialist.