- Sector: Software & data science
- Function: Software and IT
- Contact: Tom Duckett
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446163
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58744
GIS Data Consultant
I am currently working with a global asset management software and online service provider to recruit a GIS data consultant. The role will include providing internal GIS support, creating, and improving data management consultancy products, tools and templates. Successful applicants will have skills in data visualisation, analysis, project management, programming and statistics. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical skills whilst able to effectively convey complex information to non-technical people. This is a remote position with occasional trips to the company head office in Warwickshire.
Responsibilities of GIS Data Consultant
- Use GIS tools and in-house software to deliver repeatable efficient solutions to routine tasks.
- Assist with the delivery of project work using project management tools and techniques
- Assist with delivering Business Improvement Initiatives
- Assist in the generation of new orders and opportunities
- Keep up to date with all changes and new initiatives released by our industries governing bodies and ensure they are filtered through the company
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in a GIS role within a commercial environment; knowledge and experience of the public sector infrastructure (highways, water etc).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Good level of awareness and technical understanding of all common GIS data formats; specific knowledge and experience of height data, aerial imagery and satellite data formats.
- Excellent working knowledge of ArcGIS 9x, ArcInfo, Spatial Analysis, geo-databases, ArcView3x.
- Excellent IT skills and a sound understanding of GIS applications, databases and spreadsheet programmes
This is an excellent opportunity for a GIS specialist to progress their career and work in a dynamic, high-technology environment. In return for your experience, this Warwickshire based company will offer you:
- Excellent pension, holiday and benefits package.
- Flexible working.
- Performance related bonus scheme.
- Competitive salary.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the GIS Data Consultant, please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.