Wednesbury, West Midlands
£70000 - £75000 per annum + car, bonus
over 2 years ago
Due to continued growth this well established castings manufacturer is looking for a dynamic General Manager to run the operation with full P&L responsibility.
Salary: Circa £70,000 to £75,000 plus bonus, car and benefits
Suitable for: General Manager, Plant Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Director, Site Manager
Reporting in to the Global VP you will be responsible for all aspects of the operation.
- Management and control of all activities at the site
- Managing and developing supervisory staff
- Developing budgets and forward plans for the site in conjunction with group requirements.
- Developing and implementing organisational plans so as to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales
- Directing Human Resources in developing training programs for personnel
- Ensuring at all times safety awareness & knowledge to meet statutory and company standards
- Establishing a "5S" & LEAN philosophy within the organisation
- Championing the continuous improvement culture within the organisation
- Developing leadership principles & planning to reduce employee turnover and optimise talent
Background and experience:
- Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline (Metallurgical, Mechanical) is desirable but not essential
- Solid experience within a foundry operation is essential
- Management experience at a senior level
- Highly computer literate with strong emphasis in process engineering, production planning and preventative maintenance
- Experience with change management
- Experience with LEAN principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English, second language skills would be an advantage
This role offers an outstanding career development opportunity and the chance to join a well respected international manufacturing business.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting General Manager role.