General Manager (part time)
Coventry, West Midlands
Salary £37,500 pa
An experienced General Manager is required on a part time basis for an innovative manufacturing business unit that produces bespoke multi-material (wood, metal, plastic, 3D printing, fabric) products on a national basis. Part of larger organisation, this business has gone from strength to strength and is now widely recognised and acclaimed for the quality of work they produce. From small beginnings and producing work for the parent company they now bid for business across the UK and work with a wide range of prestigious clients. Due to success and an increasing order book they are now looking to recruit a part time General Manager. The position will have specific responsibility for strategic and operational management of the shop floor and production personnel. In addition, you will have financial responsibility for the performance of the business and support the preparation of monthly management accounts.
To be considered for this part time General Manager position you must have:
- Experience working as an Operations/General Manager within a light engineering, manufacturing, building installation or construction environment ideally with an SME producing bespoke assembled products that need installation.
- A thorough financial understanding of running a small business, setting budgets, managing a P&L and putting in place realistic and achievable KPIs that deliver SQCDP metrics.
- An ability to work at pace, plan with accuracy and ensure deadlines are achieved.
- A strong technical knowledge that will include basic machining processes including woodworking, CNC routing, welding, fabrication, installation and assembly.
- Strong project management skills, that includes full project costing/tracking, gateway management and ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Experience of supplier management and development, ensuring parts are delivered on time in full and of the right quality.
- Excellent people management skills with an ability to develop a team based high performance culture where all employees are engaged and deliver the highest levels of customer service.
- A high level of self-sufficiency with a real eye for detail, strong communication skills, verbal, written and presentation and an ability to problem solve and overcome obstacles.
This is an interesting and unusual General Manager position, but it offers a great opportunity to run your own business. This appointment will enable the company to grow and offer new services and revenue streams that will maximise the resources you have at your disposal. A good appreciation of HR, H&S and personnel management will be required in this role, but you will have full support from the parent group.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.