Attractive Salary & Package
4 months ago
Our client is a niche automotive design and vehicle builder seeking to establish a presence in the South East. The business is currently undergoing a huge period of growth, with the introduction of new product lines and clients and as a result is looking for a General Manager to help establish and run new business unit and manufacturing operation in the South East.
The successful candidate will be responsible for running a single site operation in a rapidly growing business, operating in a regulated market, within proximity of the customer. This is a start-up operation where you will support, and project manage the implementation of the facility with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Organisational management, including top-down objective setting and tracking, recruitment planning, succession and development
- Contribute to sound financial performance of the business unit including management of targets, budgets, outcomes, evaluation, improvement.
- Ensure effective implementation of wider business strategies and initiatives working in harmony with the functional Directors of the business, specifically sales, purchasing, IT, finance, and HR.
- Provide support and project manage the implementation phase of the plant.
- Own the operational budget for the plant and drive cost reduction in line with the overall business strategy
- Drive the sales and operations planning for the site ensuring to maximise both plant and resources efficiently, while driving continuous improvement and quality
- Ensure that the operation of the plant is in strict accordance with all relevant legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements, quality and environmental standards, health, safety, and wellbeing requirements
- Continually review processes with site management, allowing them to contribute to the strategic objectives outlined for the business
- Provide strong leadership and direction to create and maintain a safe manufacturing environment that produces the highest quality products based on meeting customer requirements
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience as a Senior Leader overseeing a team of circa 100
- Experience working in a regulated industry, automotive sector experience is essential, knowledge of trim and assembly process or special vehicles will be advantageous
- Experience of running a standalone site and working with a remote SLT
- Demonstrable leadership, delegation and excellent inter-personal skills with the proven ability to establish and maintain good employee and customer relations.
- The ability to maintain calm under pressure and work to deadlines
- Effective use of problem solving and decision-making skills
- Efficiency, planning and organisational skills
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.