£70k - 80k per year
10 months ago
General Manager – Engineering Services
Salary up to £80,000 (DOE) + benefits
An experienced commercially focussed General Manager is required for a busy forward thinking consultancy business involved in supplying engineering services to the aerospace, engineering and life sciences sectors. The company is involved in the development of advanced solutions with leading primes and technology brands. As part of a reorganisation and drive to win new business the company is looking to recruit a General Manager with a strong technical background and experience in project/ product management, tender and contract negotiation. Knowledge of industrial automation, advanced simulation techniques (VR & AR), intelligent devices, data management or product life cycle management would be useful. It is likely that you will currently be working as a commercially orientated, Technology Manager, Engineering Manager, Project Manager or Product Manager within the technology sector and looking for a move up.
As General Manager, you will:
- Have experience working within the aerospace, space, telecommunications, engineering or life sciences sector.
- Have a real passion for advanced technology which could include product and process simulation, digitalisation, virtual and augmented reality, IoT, industry 4.0 and the successful integration of these applications into the full product life cycle and asset care programmes.
- Have full management responsibility for existing and new product development that covers hardware and software applications for products used across the globe.
- Be degree qualified in a relevant technology-based discipline, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Manufacturing, ideally supported by commercial or management qualifications
- Have experience of working on large projects that require staged gateway processes and management of key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Have a track record that clearly demonstrates an ability to manage technical staff, an approachable and professional management style, results orientated with sound judgement and people skills, able to delegate and multi-task at pace.
- Have excellent influencing and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), able to create understanding and a desire to change in the people you work with at all levels.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that employs advanced digital technology to develop products and services that are transforming the world of work. As General Manager, you will be the main contact point for existing and new clients and will ensure that the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction are delivered through the application of advanced technology and an engaged workforce.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.