£80000 - £90000 per annum + benefits
almost 2 years ago
General Manager - London (commutable)
Salary up to £90,000 (DOE) + benefits
An experienced General Manager is required for an innovative SME business involved in the promotion of clean air and environmental products that deliver low emission transport systems through the adoption low carbon energy and fuel systems. Leading a small but dedicated team of professionals you will continue to raise the environmental agenda for clean air and a low carbon economy that will support the aims of the business. This will be a high-profile role that will require the ability to build relationships across all stakeholder groups, government, local councils, academic institutions and industry bodies including transportation and infrastructure. Working in a senior leadership and advisory capacity you will represent the organisation at conferences and high-level meetings that will require an ability to present information from detailed research.
To be considered for this General Manager position you must have or be:
- Experience ideally gained working within a research, engineering or test environment as a senior technical manager involved in the development of fuel-efficient energy products or systems. This could include engine/motor/battery development, electric vehicles, fuel systems or carbon capture.
- An ability to influence and build collaborative partnerships or joint ventures across a wide stakeholder group with the primary aim of delivering products and systems that will transform the air quality of inner city and urban environments.
- A passion and interest in using technical and engineering knowledge to solve and improve major environmental problems.
- The credibility to lead and represent the business at the highest level within government, industry and with stakeholder partners.
- Qualifications to degree level in a relevant technical discipline which could include, mechanical, electrical, materials, chemical or environmental.
- A chartered engineer and a member or fellow of a recognised industry body (IET, IMechE, IOM3, IChemE) with evidence of continued professional development.
- An accomplished people and project manager that can create collaboration and engagement both internally and externally with partner organisations.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, with the ability to take on board complex technical issue but communicate these so they are understood at all levels.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a high-profile General Manager to use their technical expertise and knowledge for the greater good of society. You will need the flexibility to travel within the UK and this will involve occasional time away from home. This is a highly influential role that will require a unique combination of skills and experience. However, it offers an exceptional opportunity to influence major policy making decisions that will have a positive and lasting impact on society.