12 months ago
Title: General Fabricator
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
Salary: £12.50 p/h rising to £13.00p/dependant on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are currently recruiting for General Fabricator to work at our client’s site in Bromsgrove, to undertake fabrication duties, as required, in accordance with the company quality standards and best engineering working practices.
- Directly responsible to the Fabrication Shop Supervisor
- Responsible to the Works Manager/Production Planning Manager
- Liaises with all internal departments, as appropriate
- Liaises with clients and client inspectors, when required
- Has proactive involvement with internal and external quality audits
Duties and responsibilities:
- Shall be fully committed to the achievement of the company policies and objectives with attention to quality and safety
- Responsible for carrying out duties in a safe, timely, economic and effective manner
- To ensure that the workshop is adequately equipped and machinery and tools are well maintained through a planned maintenance schedule/safe to use
- To ensure, where appropriate, that personnel are adequately trained and fully competent to be able to carry out work delegated to them, in line with required quality and safety standards
- Responsible for the maintenance and good housekeeping of the working area
- To make recommendations, where appropriate, for improvements to existing working practices
- To make recommendations for renewal/replacement of plant and equipment
- Ensure production consumables are maintained at an adequate level
- Authority to commit expenditure must be obtained from senior management
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times; this applies to internal and visiting personnel
- Demonstrate a flexible and positive approach to duties, which may be require from time to time
- Undertake reasonable instructions and tasks from senior personnel, commensurate with the nature of the job and in the best interests of the company
- TIG welding
- Materials – Stainless Steel 316 and Carbon Steel (1mm to 3mm thickness)
- No pipework involved
- Experience of coded welding beneficial/desirable
Hours of work:
- Monday to Thursday 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, with half an hour lunch break and two 10-minute breaks during am and pm accordingly.
- Friday 7.30 am to 1.30 pm with no lunch break and one 20-minute break at 11.00 am (other rules for breaks apply if working over on this day).
- Overtime rates apply (as and when required); Monday to Friday paid at time and a third, Weekends paid at time and a half
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.