Role: Gas Safe Engineer (LPG & Oil)
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 p/a
To perform mechanical maintenance to both plant and building equipment. To ensure the operation of the gas/oil heating and processing systems.
- Perform mechanical maintenance to both plant equipment and building equipment.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance personnel as and when required
- To work overtime if required
- Confidence to work frequently at height following all necessary health and safety procedures this requires a good level of fitness to access the required areas by ladders
- Writing and following risk and method statements
- Must have experience of working on steam boiler systems and understanding of how these systems work
- Servicing and installation of gas/oil equipment will also be required with the appropriate training and qualifications
- To follow all company procedures including following all company health and safety requirements and the use of computer equipment for processing work task information
- Ensure the operation of the gas/oil heating and processing systems. This involves repairing, designing and Installing gas/oil pipe work and associated fittings
- Completion of required documentation as specified in relevant standards and regulations.
- Use competently computers and mobile phones to receive and record work information including hours worked on each work request.
- To assist all trades within the facility and through the correct training be able to complete tasks away from your core mechanical skills
- Ad hoc duties as requested by your management team
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business
- Be part of an on call system, if required
- Manual Handling
- Previous relevant experience in the discipline area
- Appreciation of industry safety standards and procedures
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Must have a time served fabrication/plumbing apprenticeship and or relevant qualifications.
- Must have plumbing qualifications or equivalent experience
- A recognised gas/oil qualification to enable the installation and testing of gas/oil systems on site.
- An Electrical qualification
- NVQ Level 3 in appropriate discipline
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual
- Ability to read schematic and circuit diagrams
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Willingness and ability to participate in task audits/near miss reporting/plant audits etc
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Must be assessed for Skilled Person Register for working on installation
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.