Title: Functions Development Engineer
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £28.10 per hour
The Functions Development Engineer will report to the Lead Engineer within the Wheel Torque Control Functions Team and will be responsible for the design, development and application of specific software control functions for Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles. They will take technical guidance from the relevant Subject Matter Expert within the team.
This role will involve the testing & development of systems in various locations within the UK and overseas. Specifically the candidate will:
- Create technical requirements and specifications for new functions
- Create and deliver development plans which support function sign off in accordance with programme timing.
- Contribute to the development and roll-out of CAE based processes in the Core Functions team
- Sign off of systems and create of sign off reports.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Automotive, Mechanical or Control Systems Engineering
- PG3 (Or industry equivalent) test driving licence and appropriate high dynamic driving experience
- Experience developing and validating automotive Control systems
- Experience of automotive chassis engineering and vehicle dynamics gained in an OEM or First Tier supplier environment
- Experience of analysing complex control system data Project management skills - demonstrated by a track record of planning and delivering projects.
- Excellent team-working, organisation and communication skills able to adapt into a multi-disciplinary environment
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure and beyond normal working hours when required.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Functions Development Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.