TEAM LEADER - FUNCTIONAL SAFETY - SYS-926
Location: Cambridge, Leamington Spa
Salary Range: (or Hourly Rate) to £65k
Due to the expansion of business within the Systems Engineering department, we are actively searching for a Team Leader to lead the functional safety team, working in a multinational and multi-disciplined environment for a range of projects for the automotive and transport industries.
You will lead a team of engineers located in Leamington Spa & Cambridge to deliver projects according to the state-of-the-art and drive the deployment of the safety engineering process across the company.
You will support the Market Sectors during the bidding/proposal phase by working effectively with other engineering disciplines to develop a common approach for our customers. You should be comfortable in a client facing role.
You will support the global Functional Safety teams located in China and the USA to develop best practice and processes, as well as develop greater collaboration with group businesses (Rail, Energy & Environment).
You are a proven engineer or team leader with a track record in:
* System Safety Engineering in the automotive or similar industries
* Hybrids and Electrical Vehicle development
* People management
You are now seeking your next move into a challenging industry that will broaden your experience and reward you with opportunities to manage people and a growing discipline.
You understand the fundamentals of functional safety engineering, relevant safety engineering standards and more importantly understand the spirit behind them rather than a focus on ticking boxes.
Able to work & communicate well with top-management, as well as team members, commercial-related people and customers.
Your degree qualification will be in a technical subject and you will be expected to be familiar with the following:
* Sound theoretical & practical knowledge of functional safety engineering fundamentals
* Knowledge of at least one of ISO 26262, IEC 61508, ARP 4754, ARP 4761, DEF-STAN 00-56, EN 5012x
* Analysis techniques such as FMEA, FTA, FHA, HAZOP, RBD etc.
* Constructing safety arguments for complex embedded systems
* Practice of at least one of MEDINI Analyse IKV/KPIT toolchain, FaultTree+ Isograph, others…
Experience as a team leader in another discipline would also be a bonus.
Knowledge in at least one of the following additional areas would be advantageous:
* Electrical safety
* Embedded Software
* Control Systems
* Model-Based Development using the Mathworks tool-chain
Proficiency in at least one of the following language would be advantageous:
If you are interested in this role apply now!