Profile Functional Safety Engineer
Our client, a globally recognized Engineering Consultancy is expanding to support the growing number of projects and as a result is looking for functional safety (FS) engineers to strengthen their highly motivated international teams at multiple locations.
The business offers a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced internal combustion gasoline, diesel, and alternative-fueled powertrains.
As a development partner to many manufacturers they value customer orientation, technical expertise, initiative and the ability to work independently and to integrate in project delivery teams. Successful candidates will show a focus on the quality of their work and a methodological approach to execute tasks.
Accountability / Key Responsibilities
- Support to automotive OEM for functional safety analysis, design and validation activities.
- Management of plans and processes integrating with customer and suppliers
- Delivery of functional safety work products to ensure achievement of safety requirements
Regular tasks will include:
- Analysis and verification of system requirements and interface definitions
- Generation of safety cases
- Support in creating functional and technical safety concepts, as well in creating safety analyses (such as; HARA, FMEA, FMEDA and FTA)
- Moderation and participation at technical reviews and workshops
- Planning and follow-up of activities of the safety lifecycle
- Close cooperation with the project manager, developers and customers o Liaising with various suppliers to ensure achievement of safety requirements
- Verification and calibration of safety critical software functions Everyday tasks will include:
- Interaction with system/feature owners to inform and review documentation.
- Interaction with project/programme teams
- Interaction with wider functional safety (and other) stakeholders o Interaction with suppliers to review and agree requirements and review supplier concepts
- Interaction with control and software engineers at OEM and at key suppliers
- Interaction with FS Engineers and non-FS Control and Calibration experts
- Ensure status reporting through line management and vehicle project teams
- Degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical engineering or similar graduate disciplines
- The ability for analysis of complex and technical systems and causal relations
- The ability to communicate clearly and accurately at all levels
- Ability to provide clear and concise reporting via presentations
- Very competent at devising tests and extracting useful data / conclusions from results
- Liaising with other teams to exchange technical and statistical information
- Proficient in the use of organization and planning methods
- Demonstrated success in project and quality management
- Very good level of English in both spoken and written
Experience preferred in -
- Strong interest in safety relevant functions in the area of aerospace, railway technology or automotive
- Creating safety concepts and analyses (including FMEA and FTA)
- Working with prototype vehicles / lab car / hardware-in-the-loop systems
- Prior process knowledge regarding IEC 61508, ISO 26262, EN 50126 or similar standards
- Basic skills in embedded programming for test environments
- Full Driving License valid for driving in the UK