Position: Functional Safety Engineer
Location: Newtown, Wales
Salary & Benefits: Competitive salary, bonus & benefits. Relocation support is also available for suitable candidates. We can also offer full development & career progression including Chartered Engineer status
We are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customer's machines and processes.
The Role: Functional Safety Engineer
- To support the Project Manager in generation of functional safety plans commensurate with the requirements of IEC 61508 and related standards, as applicable.
- Carry out a series of system and sub-system functional safety activities in support of the plans during all safety software lifecycle phases.
- Working with the lead electronics design engineer in preparation of failure rate and diagnostic coverage (safe-failurefraction) predictions.
- Organising and recording system level functional safety analysis using FMECA, FTA, etc.
- Manage the interface to the safety certification body (TUV).
- Management of functional safety requirements and traceability to implementation.
- Monitoring and auditing of the operation of configuration management and document management systems for safety related items.
- Production of material supporting the certification of the product.
- Organising and recording verification reviews.
- Specifying, executing and recording safety validation tests.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in a relevant engineering subject.
- Application of standards for functional safety of programmable systems.
- Estimation of electronics failure rates using component level FMEA or other techniques such as reliability block diagrams or Markov analysis.
- Functional safety analysis at system level, using FMEA / FTA, etc.
- Production of documentation for certification or approval of safety-related systems.
To apply for the Functional Safety Engineer vacancy please email your CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.