Functional Safety Engineer
Up to £24.14 per hour LTD
An opportunity has become available for a Functional Safety Engineer to join a team responsible for a number of production and research projects, to develop safety cases for these systems and ensure they are appropriately validated.
The Functional Safety Engineer will work closely both with teams within the EPSCC and cross functionally with Powertrain, Electrical and Chassis, including those of the HV battery, Power inverter / DCDC and Vehicle Supervisory Control (VSC).
The Functional Safety Engineer will have responsibility for ensuring the safe operation of the system both in normal and fault conditions and developing the safety cases for the systems to demonstrate this against ISO26262 guidelines. This will involve managing the safe design of a concept from hazard identification and classification through to final validation against the safety case.
To apply for this Functional Safety Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- Application of ISO26262 functional safety analysis guidelines to complex system functionality.
- Requirements capture, cascade and agreement with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the application of Failure Mode Avoidance toolsets (FMEA, Boundary & P Diagrams).
- Experience of hazard identification.
- Experience of full V cycle of control system development and testing.
- Strong experience with safety related systems, particularly complex electronic systems.
- Actual involvement in safety case production and 3rd party assessment.
- Safety critical software techniques and methods.
- Design for safety related systems.
- Safety system analysis.
- Experience with the various safety standards (IEC91508, ISO26262, Def-Stan etc).
33644 - Please contact James Tilley for details.