This role will be within Platform Diagnostics & Software team within Chassis Electronics (CE) section of Electrical Engineering (EESE). This role is for an experienced and highly motivated functional safety engineer with responsibility for the design and development of Safety concept for Chassis Control Module.
|Key Performance Indicators|
- R/1000 customer defects
- On time software delivery
|Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities|
- To lead "Functional Safety" delivery from concept to implementation and deployment
- Own process deployment to meet expected ISO26262 lifecycles of Part 4 (System), Part 5 (Hardware) and Part 6 (Software)
- Working closely with System, Hardware, Software and Diagnostics SMEs to define technical safety requirements for ECU
- Requirements gathering and analysis, coordination of software design, development and execution of validation process to deliver technical safety requirements.
- Definition of design and implementation strategy to deliver functionality accordingly to ISO26262 standard.
- Support for process definition and execution to comply with Part 5 and Part 6 of ISO26262 to delvier defined System Safety goals.
- Working with a team of system, hardware, controls and software engineer, to deliver concept and production systems in a timely manner, according to vehicle programme timing and local delivery milestones.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
- Links to onshore and offshore controls and software team
- Delivery of software to chassis
- Working together with other engineers to align processes and develop efficiencies between the chassis features.
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience|
- Experience in delivery of safety critical systems according to ISO26262, IEC61508 or similar.
- Hands-on experience in Safety Goals decomposition and realisation in Hardware and Software.
- Experience in process deployment, to meet expectations of ISO26262 with focus on Part 5 (Hardware) and Part 6 (Software).
- Thorough understanding of ISO26262 with proven experience in process application in production solution.
- Understanding of requirements and change management tools and processes, version control, control strategy documentation etc.
- Good understanding of software and hardware development process in automotive environment for safety critical systems.
- Prior automotive software experience preferably in Chassis, Vehicle Dynamics, or Longitudinal Control preferred, though strong candidates with relevant control system experience from other industries such as aerospace will also be considered
- Experience in software architecture definition to realise technical safety requirements, preferably in AutoSAR framework and using multicore / multiprocessor systems.
- Thorough understanding of embedded software design and development process in real time applications.
- Good understanding of hardware development lifecycle.
- Understanding of automotive networking, diagnostics and fault handling techniques, and related system development tools (CANalyzer, ASL, CANape, etc.)
- Knowledge of model based and code based software development principals including embedded "C", and relevant standards such as MISRA. Automotive SPICE
- Full UK driving license
- Highly motivated person able to technically lead the team of engineers
- Strong organisational and communication skills essential
- Passion for quality and the right first time approach
- Prior team leadership experience