£55 - 70 per hour
Functional Safety Engineer
£55-70 per hour
Our client, a global provider of systems and solutions for commercial and defence applications are looking for an experienced Functional Safety Engineer joining the Control Systems group within the Engineering department that specifies, designs, implements, tests and delivers Platform Management Systems and other safety-critical and safety-related maritime systems into the Defence marketplace.
What you will do:
The Functional Safety Engineer's role is to perform safety engineering analysis of software and complex hardware elements with the focus on certification of COTS PE based systems to IEC 61508 or similar.
Please note for this particular role, all candidates must be eligible for SC - UK EYES ONLY clearance and therefore be a sole British National passport holder.
Background and Experience:
** Please note for this particular role, all candidates must be eligible for SC - UK EYES ONLY clearance and therefore be a sole British National passport holder.**
• Relevant work experience in a safety-related engineering environment
• Understanding and demonstration of compliance to international and defence standards such as IEC 61508 and Def Stan 056
• Experience in safety assurance of COTS PE based systems or high integrity software
• Ability to understand hardware and software failure modes, causes and effects
• Experience in achieving certification for SIL2 systems or equivalent
• Experience in some areas safety/reliability analysis techniques: hazard identification and analysis, FMECA, FTA, Functional Failure Analysis
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team (e.g. systems, hardware, software and ILS engineers, project management, customer and supplier engineering teams)
• Degree, HND, HNC in Electrical/ Electronic/ Control/ Software/ Systems Engineering or related discipline
• UK Eyes Only Security Clearance required - Sole British Passport holders Only
• Experience of ship’s machinery control systems, Commercial or Military Maritime engineering
• Experience of leading a team of safety and/or software engineers
• Safety requirements capture and negotiation
• PLC Code Development to IEC61131 - Ladder and Function Block
• HMI /SCADA Software Development and Human Factors Engineering
• Knowledge of formal Validation and Verification processes
• Integration, Test and Fault Diagnosis on complex PLC based systems
• UK Defence experience on maritime projects
For more information to apply please contact Charles Cureton of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.