Functional Safety Engineer
Up to £60.00 per hour (LTD or Umbrella)
Automotive - Electrical and Electronic Systems
A Functional Safety Engineer opportunity has become available for the UK's largest manufacturer in it's field.
You will join an Electrical & Electronics Systems team to help ensure electrical systems are developed to meet our clients stringent standards and functional safety lifecycle. This is a brand new role and will present an exciting challenge supporting cross-functional teams on functional safety matters across the entire V-cycle:
- Process development
- Concept design
- System Design
- Agreement and maintenance of DIA's with worldwide suppliers
- Generation of safety Cases
Application areas include but are not limited to engine management systems, chassis systems such as ABS, electronic suspension & body control modules, HMI systems and cyber security.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- BEng or MEng in Electrical / Electronic engineering, Systems Engineering or Safety Engineering, and proven relevant experience
- Experience in the ISO26262 lifecycle through concept, system, hardware and software design or the willingness to learn and undertake training
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Use of tools for HARA, FMEA, FTA, requirements traceability
- Knowledge of CAN communication
- Working with suppliers through a DIA
- Experience with PREEvision
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.