- Sector: Electrification
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 19 November 2021
- Job Ref: 58907
Functional Safety Engineer – Nuneaton - £ Highly Competitive DOE
A Functional Safety Engineer is required for a high-technology consultancy. Based in an innovative, supportive and quality driven environment, you will work with prestige and high-profile clients on cutting-edge automotive and off-highway products. Are you passionate about helping organisations to establish and improve their functional safety practice? Do you master the implementation of functional safety standards? This opening is for an Expert Functional Safety engineer, you will drive and support the execution of the Functional Safety lifecycle, working with other Functional Safety Professionals across the globe to provide consistent results on the achieved functional safety of our client’s mechatronic products.
As Functional Safety Engineer – you will be required to
- Leading the strategy and deployment of the Functional Safety lifecycle.
- Coordinate Functional Safety processes and systems locally to be common across global facilities.
- Accountable for Functional Safety in all current and future products brought to market. Directing engineers and external stakeholders (including FS consultants) engaged in program and project work.
- Engage directly with customers during the request for quotation stage; on jointly reviewing functional safety objectives and specific requirements; and in the resolution of functional safety concerns.
- Produce, either directly or indirectly, all the necessary work products, including but not limited to: Safety Plan, Safety Manual, Safety Concepts, ASIL rating/decomposition, DIA, HARA, Safety Requirements, FMEA & FTA, Safety Verification and Validation activities, Confirmation measures, Safety Case.
- Driving the FS approach across organizational boundaries and with senior management.
- Managing, directing and leading the problem resolution and tracking process and providing feedback on status of tracked problems.
- Travel to key stakeholder meetings (domestic or international, as required)
As Functional Safety Engineer – you will have
- Masters degree in Automotive / Electrical / Systems Engineering or a related field of study.
- Experience in a similar role (functional safety of automotive products).
- Experience in the implementation of functional safety standards like IEC 61508, EN 13849, ISO 26262, ISO 15998, ISO 25119, IEC 62061, and other related standards for systems, hardware and software development like CMMI, INCOSE, ASPICE.
- Expert knowledge of ISO26262. With strong knowledge of Functional Safety principles and specific on-the-job experience.
- Expert knowledge and industry experience with safety concepts, hazard analysis and risk assessment, FMEA, FTA at both system and sub-system level.
- Strong knowledge on systems engineering principles and ability to use this in a multi-disciplinary approach (electronics, software, mechanical hardware, hydraulics).
- Proven record of eliciting and implementing requirements from design to production.
- Demonstrated progressive responsibility and hands-on experience with vehicle system architectures and control systems.
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects.
- The opportunity to influence some of the most ground-breaking vehicles in the automotive arena today.
Suitably qualified and experienced Functional Safety Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.