Functional Safety Consultant
Salary to £62k + benefits
This is a terrific career opportunity for an experienced Functional Safety Engineer to join this global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors, located in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.
You will be a member of the Systems and Safety team, which is responsible for the deployment of functional safety. Projects can involve a combination of engineering, consultancy, analysis, training, audit and assessment either directly to external customers or for internal product developments. Customers range from global vehicle manufacturers down to part-level suppliers.
Essential qualifications and experience for this Functional Safety job:
- Minimum 2.1 first degree in electrical / electronic engineering, systems engineering or related discipline
- Delivering ISO 26262 to vehicle manufacturers and tier 1 suppliers covering all aspects of the safety lifecycle
- Safety analyses techniques, particularly FMEA
- Functional safety planning and management
- Identifying hazards, performing risk assessment and classification
- User and systems level requirements capture, management and technical review
- Preparing safety cases
- System level architectural design and technical review
- Technical leadership of small project teams
- Tendering process and preparation of project proposals
- Developing and delivering training courses
Essential Skills for this Functional Safety job:
- Capable of delivering a high standard of technical writing
- Capable of presenting technical information confidently to customers
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel and work flexibly, including significant periods overseas (8 x 1-week duration)
- Willing to engage in the security clearance process for defence related projects
Suitably experienced, qualified and ambitious Functional Safety Engineers should contact Ray Greenman for an initial discussion.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.