£45.00 - £55.00 per hour
about 2 years ago
Job Title: Function Owner - Active Safety Functions At Product & Quality
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contract length: 6 months
As Function Owner within Safety, you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people.
The department Active Safety & Vehicle Dynamics Functions is responsible for function development within the area. The department develops world leading function within Driving Support, Collision Avoidance, Automated Drive and Vehicle Dynamics. Active Safety Functions design and maintain active safety functionality and driver support functions, which includes all functions that supports the driver in her/his daily driving from parking to highway driving.
The aim is to make all phases of driving more comfortable and relaxed, to avoid critical traffic situations if the unexpected occurs and in the long term provide fully autonomous driving vehicles.
Active safety functions are complex and the system solution is distributed all over the car involving many different sensors such as camera, radar, LIDAR, ultrasonic sensors etc., information or warning HMI devices and actuators such as steering and brake system.
Main tasks for the group are to define concepts, design functions and specify solutions and together with software implementation resource, sensor-, system- and function-verification secure the fulfilment of all requirements to make the functionality work as intended and protect what is important for the customer.
The Function Owner is leading the design and maintenance of active safety functions over the complete function life cycle. This includes dialog with different stakeholders within Volvo Cars, benchmarking, data analysis, documentation, requirements definition, system safety investigations, planning of function design, development, calibration and verification, review of communication material, customer information and vehicle field quality follow up.
Volvo Cars is moving fast and the Function Owner must aim high, act proactive,
nimble and be perceptive. The Function Owner guarantees a human centric design
around the customer.
* Form and optimise customer experience and secure high quality
* Develop and maintain a long term strategy for the function
* Create and maintain FDR (Function Description and Requirements)
* Promote cross functional work by communication
* Participate in defining system solution
* Secure function performance fulfilment by o leading function calibration o participating in
verification activities on test track or expeditions o evaluate test results
* Follow up customer function response and continuously improve quality
* Participate in creating and review customer information and communication publications
* Perform System Safety analysis and documentation Required qualifications
Experience and Qualifications
* M.Sc. degree within Electrical Engineering, Automation or equivalent experience
* Experience of the complete automotive embedded functions development chain, such as defining solution, verification and analysis
* Driver's license B, valid in Sweden and adequate driving experience
* Experience of SW quality assurance methods
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* A team player with good communication skills
* Passionate about working in the automotive industry
* Knowledge of AutoSar
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.