Research and Development
All candidates need to be eligible to work in the UK
Short-listed candidates will be asked to complete a practical demonstration of skills and creative flair in producing a Visual Studio Solution that delivers a 2 Page ASP.NET web app.
Our Client are a global supplier and manufacturer of fastenings and closures for a wide range of industry applications.
To support global growth two positions for Web Application software developers has opened up.
I. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
A. Job Summary
Sitting directly within the R & D Team reporting to the Software Development Manager;
- Working as part of a global team split across 3 different global office develop, contribute to a product range covering a diverse technology stack.
- Providing individual contribution through strong technical skills while working as part of the team in full life cycle development of an existing range of products; implementing design decisions, product development and tech strategy to help the company evolve and improve.
- Proficient in C# & .NET development, using the latest tools and methods to ensure code is clean, testable and follows development best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will help in becoming a key member of the team; the role also requires knowledge of, or willingness to learn agile practices along with unit testing and case management to help drive forward the R & D strategy.
- Well versed in modern web development and accompanying technologies/frameworks whilst able to suggest, implement solutions that cover other platforms such as Windows, Android and iOS.
B. Job Accountabilities
Every job has accountability for end results. These end results are accomplished by performing the tasks and activities assigned to the job.
% of Daily Time Spent Performing this Accountability
1. Assist in the development of complex Web and Desktop based solutions to enhance existing products while assisting in the creation and training of new products into the product range. 80%
2. Work closely with Software Dev. PM, Q.A. and team members in other offices to ensure products development is working towards the agreed goal and meeting the required standards for quality and functionality. 10%
3. Ensure current/up-to-date case management within the given project management tool and promote its use throughout the team. 10%
II. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. B.S. Degree/A degree and A-Levels in maths, physics, computer science, electronics or similar scientific & IT related subjects.
2. Excellent communications skills
3. 1-3 years’ experience as part of a technical R&D/Product Development team or other suitable experience in product development capacity.
4. Strong understanding of OO and Service Orientated application development techniques and theories.
5. Agile and unit testing experience preferred
III. CORE COMPETENCIES
1. Problem Solving
Ability to identify, assess and resolve highly technical IT and software problems
Demonstrated ability as a self-starter. Position requires an entrepreneurial, hands on manager with high level problem identification and solving skills
3. Technical/Functional Knowledge
Ability to communicate effectively through both formal and informal means with other levels in the organization. Ability to achieve results through influence.
If you are interested in these opportunities please apply now, or call 01384 446145 and ask for Tim Parkes, or email Tim.Parkes@jonlee.co.uk for an initial confidential chat.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.