Job title: Powertrain Project Engineer
Hourly Rate: £16.00 - £22.51ph
A Project Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM. The position will be a long term contract role based in Whitley, Coventry and is paying a rate of up to £22.06 Ltd Co per hour.
The successful Engineer will be responsible for Supporting new vehicle programmes and current vehicle updates the primary purpose of the group is to design, validate and release for production fuel and urea systems and components. Working for the dynamic Fuels/Urea Storage & Distribution team the prospective candidate will be responsible for completing D&R activities relating to conceptual package through to detail design. In conjunction with the platform Lead Engineer, Integration Lead and CAD engineers. The role will involve leading the development of component package, design, verification and release within the framework of Product Creation System.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead CAD Engineer for Component Package / Detailed Design to support Quotation Process Liaise with Integration team and CAE team to ensure component verification completed.
- Liaise with supply base to ensure component production feasibility and supply.
- Ensure the new fuel system components meet package and functional targets, complying with fuel system design specifications and guidelines.
- Ensure 2D detailed drawings to support system / component release comply with guidelines Complete relevant release processes for component parts within the Part Releasing System.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Ability to robustly follow process, with planning of activities and releases under minimum supervision to support component design and release.
- Good communication skills are essential to support a good working relationship with the Lead Engineer, CAD Engineer and key suppliers to allow the component package and design to be developed efficiently.
- Familiarity with vehicle installation requirements & powertrain functionality.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have sound knowledge of Vehicle Installation requirements and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role (34188) please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446156