Fuel & Piping Design Engineer - R00016360
A Fuel & Piping Design Engineer is required with experience of component & system design / development.
This Automotive OEM based in Cranfield requires a Fuel & Piping Design Engineer with knowledge of piping design and development and manufacturing requirements for a new contract role. As a Fuel & Piping Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Optimise cost of current production models
- Identify & fix concerns and improve the quality of our existing and future products by part modification and developing Nissan standards.
- Managing suppliers to ensure timely completion of new and existing model development by creation of part specification, drawing release, component validation, budget achievement and schedule control.
- Targets achievements for new and lifecycle vehicles and reporting of at each milestone.
- Communication with multinational counterparts to facilitate all tasks including project handovers.
The Fuel & Piping Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree or equivalent, i.e. HND in an engineering field such as mechanical or manufacturing or automotive.
- Experience of component & system design / development within automotive or aerospace OEM or first tier suppliers.
- Experience of working on multiple projects, and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to act on own initiative, work to deadlines, and keep commitments.
- Essential to have a positive and proactive attitude and to embrace change.
- Experience in writing specifications.
- Knowledge of piping design and development and manufacturing requirements is preferred but not essential.
- Highly Effective communication skills.
- Use of CAD packages (NX, ideas, space vision)
- Resolving development, launch and warranty problems.
- Problem solving skills (FTA, Fishbone diagrams etc)
- Cost estimating and benchmarking skills
- Tolerance analysis and specification.
- Good MS office skills especially excel and PowerPoint.
- Presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Understanding of BOM management.
If you have any questions about the Fuel & Piping Design Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship