- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Tom Duckett
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446163
- Expiry Date: 07 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60004
Job Title: FPGA Developer
An FPGA developer is required for a leading provider of electronics consulting in the defence, medical and utilities sectors. These products are often featured in safety critical, high integrity systems where reliability and energy efficiency are key.
The successful applicant will likely be an established FPGA development engineer with experience in safety critical or harsh environment software/hardware. This is a rare opportunity to work on diverse and often unique design briefs. In doing so, you will gain exposure to a wide range of applications across Consumer, Healthcare, Industrial and Defence and Security sectors, each bringing new challenges and learning opportunities.
As an FPGA Developeryour responsibilities will include:
- Take an abstract brief and to produce an elegant, realizable design before moving on to implementation.
- Carry out and document this ‘system thinking’ as well as implement designs.
- VHDL coding.
- working close to the hardware platform and working across hardware-FPGA and software-FPGA boundaries.
The FPGA Developershould have the following skills/experience:
- A good working knowledge of either VHDL or Intel platforms and their associated toolchains.
- Familiarity with Modelsim and/or Questa.
- A good degree in a relevant subject (electronics related).
- A significant proportion of our work is within the defence and security sector so candidates must be willing and able to gain UK security clearance.
You may also have skills in the one or more of the following technologies:
- Embedded software
- Schematic/PCBA design
- Mathematical modelling.
This is an excellent opportunity for a developer to advance their career with a leading company. In return for your experience, this Hertfordshire based company will offer you:
- Competitive basic salary.
- Flexible benefits package.
- Excellent annual bonus scheme.
- Hybrid working.
- The opportunity to work on exciting cutting-edge technology projects.
Interviews for the FPGA Developer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible.
If interested in this role then please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment or apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.