Foundry Supervisor - Worcester - Permanent
A Foundry Supervisor is required with knowledge of castings and associated processes. Candidates with experience of the aerospace industry would be well received.
Due to the company's success and continued growth this company, a leading supplier of aluminium and magnesium castings based in the Worcester area requires a motivated and proactive Foundry Supervisor with castings experience for a new permanent role. As the Foundry Supervisor you will be required to:
- Supervise and coordinate the day-to-day activities of workers engaged from charging, pouring in molten metal to water blasting of castings
- Work closely with the engineering and technical departments on new product introduction
- Attend, schedule and plan meetings
- Continuous monitoring of equipment to maintain productivity
- Train and up-skill workers to adhere to processes and health & safety
- Responsible for the procurement of material and consumables to meet deadlines
- Maintain KPI's and productivity goals
- Manage staff attendance and holiday scheduled
The Foundry Supervisor should have the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience working within a castings environment
- Investment or sand castings background would be advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of aluminium alloy production is preferable
- Educated to HND level or equivalent experience
- Supervisory or managerial experience within a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to communicate well at all levels
This position will also consider technical experts who are looking to progress into a supervisory position whereby support and guidance will be provided to ensure success.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of castings and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Foundry Supervisor role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.