A Foam Engineer is required to join a Tier 1 automotive supplier in Coventry.
Position Focus will be:
· Design and engineering of foam seating pads for automotive customers
· Interaction with seat complete, trim, comfort, safety, durability and other engineering disciplines
· Communicate timing, progress and applied engineering and design principles applied internally and to the customer
· Support regulatory government and customer requirements.
· Knowledge of Polyurethane foam materials, design guidelines, interaction with seat complete and testing standards
· Seat foam design knowledge of seat Cushion / Back foam and automotive requirements
· Strong technical background in urethane/polymer materials, tooling, and processing
· Strong technical background in Polyurethane formulation and their relation to automotive seating pad applications
· Strong communication skills and ability to create and deliver formal presentations
· Analysis and interpretation of data
· Appropriate formal qualifications in Chemical/Mechanical/Materials Engineering or related field
· Experience design and engineering products to meet automotive standards and internal criteria
· Knowledge of new automotive material specification development and approval
· Experience working with design/product engineering to optimize material performance and type
· Experience with supplier development process and relations to support automotive seating
· Experience supporting R&D programs on advanced technology and application to seating
· Working knowledge of physical testing on products related to seating
· Knowledge of environmentally friendly products
· Automotive specification interpretation and application
· Support of cost optimization initiatives
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.