Taking a key role in supporting Research projects with Failure Mode Avoidance (FMA) and Systems Engineering expertise to deliver new technologies and features robustly. Working closely with Research Project Leaders and providing coaching and support in the application of Research projects with Failure Mode Avoidance (FMA) on of Systems Engineering principles and FMA tools to drive the creation of robust Requirements / Product Specifications and Verification & Validation methods for new technologies and features which can be traced back to the Voice of the Customer. Working alongside with Research Quality Lead and assisting in the assessment/ audit of the FMA documentation against sign-off criteria & preparation of status reports, delivering FMA training for Research Engineers and also capturing best practice and lessons learnt. Support Quality strategy for continuous improvements.
- Systems Engineering and Product Development.
- Failure Mode Avoidance (FMA) tools and Quality Management Systems Team player.
- Self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Able to work with a wide range of technologies and concepts, not just a single technology group.
- Experience of Systems Engineering principles and Concept Development Processes (New Feature/ New Technology).
- Experience and knowledge on a range of quality tools for problem analysis and problem solving, i.e. Failure Mode Avoidance (FMA) in particular of using FMEA to generate requirements.
- Strong technical and analytical skill using Boundary and P-Diagrams, Interface Analysis Functional Tree Analysis etc.
- Experience and knowledge of customer requirement, product specifications and test methods. Good communication and interpersonal skills and being self- motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Be dispassionate with the ability to make a judgement based on objective evidence. Have attention to detail when reviewing / auditing documentation.