£18.50 - 20.00 per hour
over 1 year ago
Job title: FMCG Lairage Manager
Salary Range: Very Competitive
Hours: Days Monday to Friday
Location: West Midlands
Contract or Permanent role working for leading FMCG organisation.
An FMCG Lairage Manager is required with knowledge of the intake of animals, storage and despatch by following procedures laid down in the Company Animal Welfare Policy QPS35.0. Candidates with experience of beef, chicken, lamb, pork would be well received.
Due to expansion this client based in the West Midlands requires a dynamic, leading FMCG Lairage Manager. As an FMCG Lairage Manager you will be required to:
- Managing the lairage internal personnel to ensure the most efficient utilisation of time and resource, to produce food safe products to the correct specification.
- Upholding the adherence of all internal employees to good FMCG manufacturing policy as detailed in the Food Safety and Quality Manual.
- Ensuring that critical control points specified in all HACCP documentation are always being adhered to.
- Being responsible for the "clean-as-you-go" hygiene and housekeeping policy.
- Liaising with maintenance personnel to ensure that all break-down maintenance tasks are performed immediately to minimise the production line down-time.
- Liaising with the FMCG Factory Manager, FMCG Technical Manager and General Office to review the key performance measures.
- Promoting a safe working environment, particularly in relation to the correct operation of machinery and equipment to ensure the Health & Safety and well-being of all employees.
- Ensure that all staff, including agency staff are trained against written procedures and relevant hygiene rules.
- The security of the site and products is an integral function of this job role.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests that help drive the business forward.
The FMCG Lairage Manager will have the following skills or experience:
- Must have worked within a similar Lairage role
- Must be Animal Welfare trained.
- Experience with beef, pork, lamb or chicken essential
- HACCP and Food level 2 minimum
- Ability to convey written and verbal instructions to staff at all levels.
- Experience in handling with live animals.
Leadership skills as well as being able to be part of a team.
- Capable of bringing the best out of people
- Able to coach and assist all staff dealing with any problems that may arise.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Lairage within small to large processing environments. In return for your experience, this West Midlands based company will offer you:
- Permanent or Contract role
- 40 hour working week
- A Very Competitive Salary
- Great working conditions
- 28 days annual leave
- Free Parking
- 5% Contribution pension
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience within a Lairage manager role and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lairage manager, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.