Fleet Operations Manager
Salary £60,000 - £65,000 + car + benefits
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
An experienced Fleet Operations Manager is required for a national fleet transportation business that is an established brand and well respected for its high levels of customer service and fleet management. Working as part of the senior management team you will have full management responsibility for a large maintenance & service team and control of a substantial maintenance budget. The role will include working with both internal service centres/workshops and third part providers on a national basis.
To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of managing people in a highly competitive and service driven industrial environment. You will need excellent communication skills, be commercially aware and have a technical/business operations background. You must have the ability to deliver exceptional results achieving the highest levels of SQCDM standards.
To be considered for this Fleet Operations Manager position you must have or be:
- Experience working within a logistics, transportation, engineering environment and held responsibility for a substantial maintenance and service budget that delivered the highest possible levels of vehicle or plant availability.
- Commercially astute, numerate, driven by data and effective KPI metrics, you must have a track record that demonstrates year on year savings through the delivery of effective cost down initiatives.
- Relevant qualifications either technical (mechanical, mechanics, vehicle) or business related supported by significant people management and leadership experience gained within a fast- paced vehicle (truck, bus/coach, commercial, car) hire or rental business.
- A strong understanding of commercial contract negotiations that incorporate service level agreements with third party service and maintenance providers.
- A dynamic and results driven personality, confident and comfortable working across all levels of a business from the garage floor to senior management.
- A real passion for delivering exceptional levels of customer service and achieving this by creating a culture built on continuous improvement, high morale, engagement, collaboration and trust.
- An ability to work under pressure with the confidence and commitment to ensure that the operation is run safely, efficiently and achieves its mandatory standards and legal obligations relating to staff and its vehicle fleet.
This will be a challenging and rewarding position that presents a unique opportunity to work for a well-known and respected business. Your goal will be to achieve the highest levels of vehicle uptime and availability at the best available cost through the careful management of people, resources and suppliers. At present you will probably be working as an Operations Manager, Fleet Operations Manager, Head of Service and Maintenance or Vehicle Maintenance Manager for a logistics, vehicle hire or private vehicle fleet management service business.