Firmware Engineers - Edinburgh and Derby
£Competetive Salary and Benefits
*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION - All candidates MUST British Citizens at the point of application - This is due to the senstitive nature of the client's work for the UK MOD ***
Successful candidates will be required to spend an initial temperary phase for training and knowledge transfer.
Multiple positions open
Our Client is an industry-leading engineering consultancy supporting Aerospace, Rail, Defence and Automotive clients in product development.
The firmware engineer would be responsible for design and development of Firmware designs using VHDL and verifying designs using VHDL or System Verilog.
The firmware engineer would work closely with Systems, Hardware and Software teams to provide firmware solutions and solve integration problems on complex systems.
- Creating innovative and robust VHDL-based designs
- Documenting and recording deliverables
- Verifying firmware designs
- Ensuring configuration management/keeping designs under revision control
- Providing progress reports
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- A minimum of 1 year experience of developing firmware using VHDL or Verilog
- Familiarity with one of the following: Xilinx / Intel (Altera) / Microsemi (Actel) ISE design flow and third-party synthesis tools
- Familiarity with firmware version control and revision control software
- Ability to manage own tasks and technical activities under supervision of Senior / Principal firmware engineer
- Good communication (oral & written) & interpersonal skills
- Analyse firmware requirements and develop HDL code to satisfy the requirements
- Debugging of firmware designs and supporting integration and test at hardware level
- Experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics FPGA development tools including HDL Designer, ModelSim / Questa and Precision
- Experience of firmware requirements capture and requirements management tools
- Relevant experience in the Aerospace/Defence industry or on other complex / high-reliability systems
- 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering or another STEM-based subject
- UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
The role is likely to be based out of Edinburgh for a year with a move back to Derby where the delivery centre would be based out of in 2021 and beyond.
If you are a British Citizen and would like to inquire about this role, please email email@example.com or APPLY NOW, for further information!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.