Role Title: Firmware Engineer (VHDL/VEROLIG/ARM ICs)
Number of Positions 2
***Important - All applicants MUST be UK CITIZENS at the point of application ***
Our client has a growing Electronics, Systems and Software engineering capability in the UK supporting customers in the Aerospace & Defence industry. We are looking for a Firmware Engineer VHDL (FPGA) to support the growth of this team.
We have vacancies for Firmware engineers to provide services to one of our major UK clients.
The firmware engineer would be responsible for design and development of Firmware designs using VHDL and verifying designs using VHDL or System Verilog.
The firmware engineer would work closely with Systems, Hardware and Software teams to provide firmware solutions and solve integration problems on complex systems.
- · Creating innovative and robust VHDL-based designs
- · Documenting and recording deliverables
- · Verifying firmware designs
- · Ensuring configuration management/keeping designs under revision control
- · Providing progress reports
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- · Degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering or another STEM-based subject
- · At least 3 years’ experience of developing firmware using VHDL or Verilog
- · Familiar with Xilinx / Intel (Altera) / Microsemi (Actel) ISE design flow and third-party synthesis tools
- · Ability to analyse system and / or hardware level requirements and derive detailed Firmware requirements
- · De-bugging firmware designs and supporting integration & verification at hardware and system level
- · A good understanding of firmware version control and revision control software
- · Ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the lead engineer/firmware lead & other disciplines
- · Good communication (oral & written) & interpersonal skills
- · Experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- · Familiarity with Mentor Graphics FPGA development tools including HDL Designer, ModelSim / Questa and Precision
- · Development of real-time, embedded, safety-critical firmware, preferably in accordance with RTCA/DO-254 DAL A or B
- · Experience of firmware requirements capture and requirements management tools
- · Relevant experience in the Aerospace industry
- · Experience of embedded processor cores (e.g. ARM) in FPGA designs
- · Independent verification using VHDL or SystemVerilog / UVM
- · 2:1 honours degree or better in Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- · UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
- · Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
If you are eligible to apply and meet the technical requirements please apply now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.