A Firmware Engineer is required to join the electronics and software engineering team within a market leading, innovative engineering solutions company that specialise in safety critical and high technology environments.
The Firmware Engineer will be responsible for design and development of Firmware designs using VHDL and verifying designs using VHDL or System Verilog, working closely with Systems, Hardware and Software teams to solve integration problems on complex systems.
Firmware Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Creating innovative and robust VHDL based designs;
- Documenting and recording deliverables
- Ensuring configuration management,
- Providing progress reports.
Technical Skills and Experience required for Firmware Engineer
- Significant experience of developing real-time embedded safety-critical firmware preferably in accordance with RTCA/DO-254 DAL A or B
- Experience of VHDL or Verilog
- A good understanding of configuration management
- Hands on test and debugging skills
- Knowledge of AWR Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, Matlab and CST Microwave Studio
This is an excellent opportunity a firmware specialist to develop your career and work in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Edinburgh based company will offer you:
- Cutting edge technical projects.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Competitive rate.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered
We are specialists in Aerospace and Defence jobs. If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of Firmware Engineer or are interested in Aerospace and Defence Engineering jobs, then contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.