Commissioning and Installation Engineer
Competitive Salary p.a. plus van and benefits
Fire and Security
A Commissioning and Installation to carry out the installation and commissioning of systems including intruder alarms, IP CCTV and Access Control (small Works). To oversee and carry out the system commissioning of installations completed by others. Candidates with experience of Installation and Commissioning of Security and Fire Systems would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a leading Fire and Security Company, based in Manchester, requires a self-motivated, experienced and conscientious field-based commissioning or installation engineer. with good attention to detail and strong customer focus. As a Commissioning and Installation Engineer you will be required to:
- To install, maintain, commission and repair security and Fire systems and equipment for a key utilities client.
- Provide installation, testing, preventative maintenance, and repair to various systems that are worked on in accordance with Company and British Standard requirements
- Travel between sites on a scheduled basis and provide and maintain regular reporting of results relating to commissioning, and post installation inspections, working to a high standard and in accordance with the relevant British Standards.
- Bring any critical security issues to the attention of management.
- Identify improvement initiatives as assigned and bring to the attention of senior management.
- Provide and maintain regular reporting of results relating to, commissioning, and post installation inspections.
- Provide technical support for colleagues and prepare reports/information for Management as and when requested.
- You will also be expected to perform any other duties that match your skill set as requested by Company senior management/Directors.
- Complete relevant service and call-out paperwork for all types of work in a timely and accurate manner at the time of site attendance.
- Mentor apprentices and provide support for colleagues.
- Be responsible for the management and security of own equipment stock in an efficient and economical manner by determining stock levels in relation to work activities and ordering stock items as and when appropriate.
- Attend training sessions as required and identify and communicate with Line Manager any personal training and development needs
The Commissioning and Installation Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- You will have at least 5 years' experience of working within the security sector.
- You will have a Full UK driving License.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Security Systems.
- Have a systematic/logical approach to tasks and problems.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out quickly and efficiently.
- Be presentable in person and in vehicle and tools.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Be aware of and responsible for the equipment required to complete the necessary works including emergency van stock.
- CSCS/ECS Card
- IPAF Licence
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience in Commissioning and Installation of Security and Fire Systems to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Manchester based company will offer you:
Call out £30 per shift
Healthcare Scheme- Company paid
25 Day's holiday
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Commissioning and Installation Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Commissioning and Installation Engineer role, please contact Melissa Self at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07398036503
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.