£Comp + Bens
over 1 year ago
Financial Controller - FTC
£Competitive plus benefits
A Financial Controller is required to create the financial forecasts and reports on actual performance on a monthly and quarterly basis as well as an annual basis to the group Finance and Controlling functions. Candidates with strong financial control and financial reporting experience would be well received.
Due to maternity leave this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Financial Controller, based in Basildon, to manage the Finance team, consisting of 5 team members, ensuring a smooth running of the Finance function. As a Financial Controller you will be required to:
- Responsible of the accuracy and completeness of the financial records
- Signing off purchase orders, invoices and expenses for the purpose of the financial review and approval
- Authorising payments such as supplier payment runs, expense payment runs, VAT, payroll and PAYE or other ad hoc payments required
- Reviewing and signing off payroll workings and payments as prepared by the payroll administrator
- Creating the monthly Financial Accounts
- Management of the annual audit process for financial reporting in accordance with Local GAAP and IFRS
- Creating the company Forecasts and Plans in collaboration with the Sales and HR department
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting to the parent of the group
The Financial Controller should have the following skills or experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Personable team player with a hands on approach
- Strong sense of responsibility, commitment and accountability
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with strong leadership skills with ability to manage a small team to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based role will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Financial Controller you want to be considered, please apply today. This will be a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. If you have any questions about the Financial Controller role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.