Salary up to £70,000 + car + benefits
6 months ago
Salary up to £70,000 (DOE) + Benefits
General location: East Midlands
As Finance Director for this established SME manufacturing business, you will be joining a progressive modern organisation with a strong brand and reputation for innovation and manufacturing excellence. This company supplies high precision machined components across a range of industrial and engineering sectors to many prestigious clients. To further strengthen the senior management team, they are now keen to recruit a forward-thinking finance professional who will ensure the effectiveness of the finance function but also become a trusted advisor providing support across all areas of the business. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will provide strategic and financial guidance to ensure that all the company’s financial commitments are achieved.
To be considered for this Finance Director position you will:
- Have experience working as a senior finance professional within a fast-paced manufacturing engineering or technical business. This could include automotive, aerospace, yellow goods, general engineering or oil & gas.
- Control, develop and manage all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business.
- Working with the Directors and SMT you will develop and control the annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations are complied with.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the company’s managers and staff that will help them achieve their objectives.
- Oversee the preparation of the company’s financial accounts and ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
- Constantly review and monitor all external contracts and services and ensure that these are effective and provide good value to the company.
- Be prepared to work outside of your comfort zone, give support and challenge others at all levels and take the time to fully understand the business, its markets and customers.
- Be fully ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with strong IT/ERP experience and able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of pricing, costing and operational finance gained within a manufacturing environment.
- Have excellent communication skills, with an ability to build robust working relationships across the business as a whole and with all stakeholders both internally and externally.
As Finance Director you will have strong strategic awareness and be commercially astute with excellent leadership and communication skills. This position presents an opportunity to be part of a close-knit senior management team for a business that has serious ambitions to continually improve and grow. Working closely with the Directors you will provide a solid foundation for growth while at the same time ensure that all accounting fundamentals are achieved. At present you will probably be working as a Financial Controller, Head of Finance or Finance Director and looking for an opportunity that can offer growth, challenge and personal development.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.