Our customer is a world leader in the optical and opto-electronic industry. They offer a wide spectrum of high-quality products for the semiconductor, opto-electronic technology, life sciences, health care, eye care and industrial solutions.
The purpose of the role is to assemble and test electron scanning microscopes in accordance with established procedures and ensure agreed deadlines and manufacturing targets are met.
Duties of the Test Engineer:
· Undertake assembly, sub-assembly and testing of finally configured systems and accessories consistent with the test area to the final test procedure within the flow line.
· Troubleshoot malfunctions and carry out basic modifications as required.
· Actively contribute to driving continuous improvement and identifying waste in the test process.
· Responsibility for maintenance of test equipment as assigned.
· Maintain processes and procedures consistent with ISO standards.
· Compliance with company procedures and controls - ISO 9001 and ISO14001.
Skills and experience required for the Test Engineer role:
· A minimum HNC/HND qualification in Electronics or experience working in electronic or electro-mechanical systems test environment.
· Experience of fault finding on electronic or electro-mechanical systems.
· Able to understand and follow test specifications and standard operating procedures.
· The ability to utilise user interface software to test, calibrate and operate complex systems.
· Ideally some knowledge of or experience in high vacuum systems.
· Experience of assembling and testing of precision instrumentation.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application first hand, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281