about 2 years ago
As soon as possible
Electronics Test Technician
Long term contract role
Hourly rate negotiable
A Test Technician is required with knowledge of assembling and testing of opto-electronic equipment. The purpose of the role is to assemble and test electron scanning microscopes in accordance with established procedures and ensure agreed deadlines and manufacturing targets are met.
Due to an increase in workloads, this company, a world leader in high-quality products for the semiconductor, opto-electronic technology, life sciences, health care, eye care and industrial solutions, requires a Test Technician with faultfinding and repair of opto-electronics experience.
The Test Technician will be required to:
· Undertake assembly, sub-assembly and testing of finally configured systems and accessories consistent with the test area to the final test procedure within the flow line.
· Troubleshoot malfunctions and carry out basic modifications as required.
· Actively contribute to driving continuous improvement and identifying waste in the test process.
· Responsibility for maintenance of test equipment as assigned.
· Maintain processes and procedures consistent with ISO standards.
· Compliance with company procedures and controls - ISO 9001 and ISO14001.
The Test Technician should have the following skills and experience:
· A minimum HNC/HND qualification in Electronics or experience working in electronic or electro-mechanical systems test environment.
· Experience of fault finding on electronic or electro-mechanical systems.
· Able to understand and follow test specifications and standard operating procedures.
· The ability to utilise user interface software to test, calibrate and operate complex systems.
· Ideally some knowledge of or experience in high vacuum systems.
· Experience of assembling and testing of precision instrumentation.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of opto-electronics to develop your skills.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of repair and faultfinding of opto-electronics and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Test Technician role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment - 01268 889267 or 07711 156281